The Italian-American Mafia has a language of its own, according to Mafia historians and federal court records. Some of this Mafia lingo has entered popular usage, some may be new to you. If you have watched shows like the Sopranos or played the popular Mafia Boss or the Mafia Wars game, then I am sure that you have wondered what the real meaning was for some of these Italian mafia terms.
- Capo: A Captain in the family.
- Cleaning: Covering your tracks to ensure that you’re not being followed.
- Clip: This means to eliminate someone.
- Clock: To keep a person under surveillance.
- Comare: A common term for a woman that they may be dating outside of marriage - a Mafia mistress
- Compare: Croney, close pal. Literally "Godfather" in Italian.
- Consigliere: The counsellor to the boss.
- Contract: Murder assignment.
Write and Read Comments Here
Your Free Dropshipping Resource!
If their's some Italian mafia lingo that I have forgotten, let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org